JUST DREAMING – WEST JAVA
JUST DREAMING’S FEATURES
Air conditioned dormitory style accommodation sleeping up to 8 guests
- TV with VCR, DVD and Blu-Ray player
- Stereo with radio, cassette and CD player as well as connections for mp3, iPod and iPhones
- Western style internal shower & on-deck shower
- Western style toilet
- Wide variety of recreational equipment, including fishing, spearfishing and snorkelling gear.
- Modern refrigerator, freezer and commercial ice-making facilities
- Back-up 240V generator for all power needs
JUST DREAMING’S SPECificationS
- 50ft cutter rig ketch, powered by a 98Hp Ford Diesel.
- Tender with high-powered outboard for surf/fishing/land transfers
- Modern navigation equipment fitted throughout, inclusive of, but not limited to: marine radar, GPS and plotter, depth sounder, VHF/HF/27MG radios and satellite phone.
- Modern safety equipment available if needed, inclusive of, but not limited to: inflatable life jackets for all on-board, MOB equipment, EPIRB, life raft and an extensive first aid kit.
The Panaitan region of West Java would have to be one of the LEAST crowded areas of Indonesia when it comes to surf. Not only do you get quality surf and consistency, but on most occasions you don’t have to share it with anyone! What are you waiting for?! Get yourself and your boards packed up and ready to go for the 2017 season! New bookings are being taken now so don’t miss out on the dates you want… the best barrels in the world, with no crowds, are calling you! Just Dreaming’s capacity is 8 charter guests. You do not need 8 to book however, your booking will be subtracted from the spots available at time of booking. A minimum number of 4 passengers is usually required to sail out and a deposit must be taken to secure the booking. Choose your dates and get in touch… let’s get you barrelled! 2017 TRIP DATES
|Fly In||Fly Out||Moon Cycle||Spaces Available|
|8th March||17th March||Full Moon 12th March||8 SPOTS AVAILABLE|
|19th March||28th March||New Moon 28th March||8 SPOTS AVAILABLE|
|30th March||8th April||8 SPOTS AVAILABLE|
|10th April||19th April||Full Moon 11th April||8 SPOTS AVAILABLE|
|21st April||30th April||New Moon 26th April||4 SPOTS AVAILABLE|
|2nd May||11th May||Full Moon 11th May||8 SPOTS AVAILABLE|
|13th May||22nd May||8 SPOTS AVAILABLE|
|24th May||2nd June||New Moon 26th May||FULLY BOOKED|
|4th June||13th June||Full Moon 9th June||8 SPOTS AVAILABLE|
|15th June||24th June||New Moon 24th June||8 SPOTS AVAILABLE|
IDUL FITRI CELEBRATIONS IN INDONESIA 25th – 26th JUNE. SAILING IN ON THE 24TH OF JUNE. SAILING OUT AGAIN 28TH JUNE.
|Fly In||Fly Out||Moon Cycle||Spaces Available|
|28th June||7th July||8 SPOTS AVAILABLE|
|9th July||18th July||Full Moon 9th July||8 SPOTS AVAILABLE|
|20th July||29th July||New Moon 23rd July||8 SPOTS AVAILABLE|
|2nd August||11th August||Full Moon 8th August||8 SPOTS AVAILABLE|
|13th August||22nd August||New Moon 22nd August||8 SPOTS AVAILABLE|
|24th August||2nd September||8 SPOTS AVAILABLE|
|4th September||13th September||Full Moon 6th September||8 SPOTS AVAILABLE|
|15th September||24th September||New Moon 20th September||8 SPOTS AVAILABLE|
|26th September||5th October||Full Moon 20th September||8 SPOTS AVAILABLE|
|7th October||16th October||8 SPOTS AVAILABLE|
YOUR TRIP, FROM START TO FINISH, WILL LOOK SOMETHING LIKE THIS…
- Your flight will arrive at Jakarta International Airport.
- Upon arrival at Jakarta International Airport, you will meet the Just Dreaming drivers in the Arrivals Hall at Gate 2, in front of Dunkin’ Donuts store.
- The drivers will then transfer you and your luggage to the awaiting Just Dreaming vans for the leisurely 2 – 3 hour drive south-west from Jakarta to Anyer Harbour.
- During this drive, your driver can stop at any time at you desire to purchase food, drink, refreshments etc. These stops can also be used to purchase anything else you may wish to have for your days at sea, for example, film, memory cards, chocolate, snack foods etc.
- Upon arrival in Anyer, depending on the time, you may be able to head to a local bar or restaurant to relax and have a meal/drink (not included in charter cost) while the crew takes your luggage to the boat and finalises details for your departure.
- Once aboard Just Dreaming, the crew will go through all safety procedures and the do’s/dont’s aboard the boat, as well as cooking up a nice dinner before departure.
- Just Dreaming will then depart Anyer Harbour that evening on high tide for the overnight trip, arriving at the first surf break early the following morning.
- Once you arrive at Panaitan Island early that morning, your guide will ensure you are in the best possible waves considering the conditions.
- Following this first surf, the rest of your 8 – 10 days at sea is entirely dependent on the surf conditions and your desires.
- If there is a consistent ground swell, it may be as simple as making your way around the natural horseshoe bay, switching between waves as the wind changes. One Palm, Apocolypse, Illusions, Napalms, Indicators and Pussy’s are all accessible inside the bay.
- If it is small, or the winds are unpredictable, you might make your way outside the bay to surf different waves that our crew has the expertise to find and surf, some even on mainland Java. Angels, Croc ‘n’ Rolls, Ranger Station, Ranger’s Rights, as well as many other waves, are found outside the bay.
- Whatever the conditions, our crew will ensure you are surfing in the best waves possible for the entirety of your stay.
- In between surfs, again, fulfilling your desires is our crew’s mission: fishing, spearfishing, snorkelling, cliff jumping, island visits and exploration are all possibilities.
- The fishing and snorkelling are fantastic and are often a favoured downtime activity. Guests and crew always catch fish, crabs and lobsters and Cookie ensures a fantastic meal is made of the catch.
- In the very rare circumstance that both the surf and weather are below average, of course Just Dreaming is fitted out with a stereo and TV with an extensive music and DVD library to keep you entertained.
- After 8 – 10 days of this amazing routine, you may make the decision the day before your trip concludes to sail to the volcano of Krakatoa which is still active. It is an incredible experience, but as this will take most of the day to reach please be prepared to miss out on surfing this day.
- On the evening of your final day, Just Dreaming will begin the return trip to Anyer, arriving late at night/early the next morning.
- The Just Dreaming drivers will then make the return trip with you back to Jakarta International Airport for your connecting flight or ongoing itinerary.
The area Panaitan’s hills rise from pristine forest with wildlife comprised of deer, wild pigs, monkey, bulls, large monitor lizards, black leopard, python and a wide variety of bird life. This beautiful tropical island is the backdrop of one of the most incredible surf spots in the world. Surf spots
|One Palm Point||:||The wave that put Panaitan on the map. One of the world’s longest (up to 800 yards), most perfect, most dangerous shallow left-hand barrels reels across a reef point. You need a sturdy board to get into the wave as early as possible, then set a rail and go for maximum speed. Mid tide seems best and the wave starts to work at just 3ft of south to southwest swell.|
|Napalams||:||Probably the most frequently surfed wave at Panaitan, and with good reason. The left-hand reef here delivers barrels with mechanical perfection, and they are more makeable than One Palm thanks to a defined channel. Take-offs are straight-forward, then a lined-up wall leads to a full-on barrel before tapering off into deep water. Higher tides are best if you want to avoid the shallow second section.|
|Inside Lefts / Pussy’s||:||At the head of the inner bay are some very well lined up, fun long lefts. Generally a good warm-up spot for Panaitan proper, the lefts need a good south swell but work at any tide, although low is often best.|
|Inside Rights||:||Opposite the lefts, on the west side of the bay is a right-hand reef break that works on wet season west breezes and any swell direction. A solid south swell at low tide will get this alternative spot firing. Best at lower to mid tides, but varying with swell size.|
|Illusions||:||Right-hand reef break with approachable take-off and variable barrel and wall sections.|
|Apocalypse||:||Extremely square right-hand barrel; pull in or don’t go at all|
|And..||:||A secret spot on the mainland of west Java…|